Monday, January 17, 2011

And so it begins...

There are many things that bring a smile to my face - spending time with my husband, snuggling with my awesome Boston terrier, traveling the world, a great glass of wine...and, of course, food.  Although my cuisine addiction has added a bit more padding to my backside over the years, I am sometimes surprised I'm not a 300-lb, 5-foot Filipino considering how much I like to consume, well, everything.  My love of culinary delights has taught me to appreciate the quality of foods, how it's prepared, and how it should be served.  In no way do I consider myself a sous chef, but I have learned a few recipes in my cooking escapades that I enjoyed enough to think they are worth sharing - some so extremely easy that a child can make and others that are a bit more time consuming.

When asked what my favorite type of foods are, I probably couldn't give you a straight answer.  As a Filipino who grew up in Texas and now lives in Florida (a.k.a. "A TexaPino in the Sun") who loves trying to recreate delicious meals from top-rated restaurants, my cooking has influences from all over the world.

I hope you find something in this hodge podge of recipes that you like.  If you try any of these recipes, please feel free to comment with your feedback.  I'd love to hear how it turned out (good or bad), and any modifications you did to make it better!

As a disclaimer, I have to go ahead and remind you all that not everyone's tastebuds are the same.  So what's good to me, may not be good to you.  If that is the case...then you suck!  HA!  Just kidding.

Happy cooking!

Sincerely,
Rice Spice

No comments:

Post a Comment